Thursday 25 March 2010

Interning: Day 3/4

Since my last intern blog post I have been helping call in handbag pictures and prices for the 10 best feature (out next Friday), which stylist Gemma Haywood is putting together – of course the Mulberry Alexa is in there (now back in stock on Net-A-Porter).

Yesterday there was a bit of a last minute scramble. The prices and stockist info from a recent shoot was misplaced and three of the pictures were going to press - a few last second phone calls to Christian Louboutin, Sophia Kokosalaki and Jean Paul Gautier were required.

Unfortunately, Jean Paul Gautier HQ is in Paris and my GCSE French just wasn’t up to scratch. Things weren’t helped by the fact that the slip dress, used as part of the ‘underwear as out-a-wear’ shoot, was not part of the SS10 catwalk collection i.e. no look number. This left poor me to explain what it looked like from the photo – I failed, miserably.

Working for BaxterStorey Ltd I am well adept in the art of receiving freebies but, because of the nature of the business, these are normally food or drink based. However, in the fashion department on a national newspaper it seems freebies come in the form of shoes and beauty products! Fashion assistant Harriet received a lovely pair of Vivienne Westwood heels yesterday and a cute pair of flats this morning, with an adjustable gold bracelet which winds round the ankle. As I type she has also just received a Marc by Marc, bow shaped knecklace watch – very jealous! I’ve also been sorting out the invites that come in daily!

Wednesday: I went for a watercolour print H&M dress in a mix of AW blues, with a wide black waist belt, black tights, black ankle boots from Primark (bargain) and a black cardigan from New Look which has a lace back to it. Lots of black, but the strong print called for it. As usual I wore my Michael Kors silver chronograph watch, which I live in, and a silver Links of London bracelet. (Must add, fell down the stairs in Paddington tube station. I just about managed to hang onto the railing but it was still highly embarrassing. Needless to say I changed into a pair of studded flats at lunch time, just in time for a trip to Urban Outfitters with fellow intern Scarlett.)

Thursday: Decided to have a casual Thursday, black River Island leggings, my flat, suede fringe boots in caramel and a plain black long-line vest under my new H&M Garden Collection anorak. Accessorised with chunky, gold and tribal print bangles.

www.gemmahaywardstylist.com

Tara xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment