Wednesday 7 April 2010

Interning: Day 10/11

Pie making, bowling and lots of chocolate…after a lovely bank holiday weekend it was back to business yesterday.

There are lots of people away this week so it’s quiet on the Indy fashion desk but there's still lots to do. Yesterday was my first day without fellow intern Scarlett – she’s sunning herself in Florida as I type, I’m not jealous - much! Opening the morning post and sorting through the weekend papers took longer than usual, as did updating the invites.

A few last minute calls were needed for the 10 best page which is in today’s paper and finally, I got to write something...The wording for the Dressing Table page which I’ve been compiling. It’s not a 1000 word feature or anything but I’m not complaining. It’s really exciting writing something that could be read nationally – however big or small – my fingers are tightly crossed.

I’m still waiting for the final few pairs of Converse (due this morning) from Office PR – it’s been a struggle for some reason. And a few last minute pieces from Cos as well. The Cos bits are coming from Karla Otto so I know they will be here within the hour. I'm taking everything to the shoot tomorrow so fingers crossed it all turns up in time. Speaking of the shoot, I am trés excited to be helping out tomorrow.

Tuesday: Long sleeved black top which has a detailed, beaded neck, quite tribal. With a nude tulip skirt which has a paper bag detail around the waist, all from H&M. Tights are still on - come on summer! Accessorised with a thin brown waist belt from Zara and studded ballet pumps – also H&M.

Wednesday: Going nautical ahead of tomorrows shoot – a striped top from French Connection, blazer from Top Shop and indigo jeans from ASOS which have a cute zip detail by the ankle. Caged black shoe boots, a bargain find from TKmax.

No comments:

Post a Comment