Monday 22 February 2010

The story so far...


Hello!

Wow so this is my first ever blog post! Naturally it would be polite to tell you a little about myself.

I'm in my final year at university studying journalism and cannot wait to finish and start working towards my ideal career...a magazine journalist - features and fashion ideally.

I've completed work experience at a number of local news titles, both weekly and daily, including the Daily Post Wales, and I now have a collection of published work which I'll upload at some point. I also have experience with Berkshire PR firm, BerkeleyPR - just to see if the grass was greener on the other side!

This spring I will upgrade to the official title of 'intern' when I join The Independent on the fashion desk for three weeks - VERY excited!!

My plans for the summer involve taking a short course in fashion journalism at the London College of Fashion and, as well as the usual holiday, taking an American road trip with the uni girls - California style. (I'm not guna lie MTV's The Hills has influenced this choice of destination)

I have a lovely boyfriend of six years, James Henry. Reading FC pay him to kick a ball around everyday, he would hate this, he actually works very hard. It has to be said football is a fickle game and while it provides a very comfortable lifestyle, the short-term contracts, injuries and personality clashes make it incredibly testing both physically and mentally. I look after him though by feeding him pasta and making sure his tracksuit is clean! Haha

We both love our clothes and we've recently moved into a new house big enough to store them all. Yours truly re-decorated the whole place and we now love it, as does our doggy, Sky. She's a beautiful Staffordshire Bull Terrier, two years-old and full of personality. She often resembles a small pig bless her!

I live for a Tuesday (magazine day!), ASOS (the website and the magazine), Net-A-Porter, styleofafashionista.com and Vogue - a girl can dream!

Tara xoxo

1 comment: