Thursday 25 February 2010

Mulberry Ready-to-wear A/W 2010 LFW

Who: Emma Hill
Wear: The Orangery, Kensington Palace
Music: The Bare Necessities


I love Mulberry.

If I'm honest Mulberry only truly captured my imagination at last years S/S 2010 show, the candyfloss colours, the balloons and the carnival antics. As an English lass I feel passionate about supporting English talent, so much so, I have a couple of pieces of arm candy from the S/S collection. (will post pic's soon)

Described by Emma as 'the fabulous, the ferocious and the floral' this collection was purposely slightly ironic - the 5ft glittery panthers lining the catwalk were a clue! Think 'Valley of the Dolls', Hollywood theatricals and over-the-top animal prints. The animal print, which I think is becoming a staple, was seen on the Bayswater and the Alexa bag. Hair was up, BIG, backcombed yet loose.

There wasn't a single piece I didn't want...immediately, but I was particularly pleased to see some old favourites return. True English essentials such as wellies, trench coats (hooded!), luxe furs in both nudes and greys and plenty of new takes on the LBO (little black outfit).

The prints were exotic with purple, pink and royal primary blue highlights (I loved the blue - I have just brought my friend a Chanel-Esq French Connection padded chain mail bag in this colour)

I love Mulberry, I loved the Pug dog, who walked incredibly well and could teach Sky a thing or two, and I want one of the GIANT scarfs for winter please.

Tara xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment